Thursday 3 September 2009

God, I'm bored!!!

No one tells you, that as a single 41 year old, you will suddenly find yourself with no one to play with. All your friends are coupled up with babies and invariably need 6 weeks notice to do anything! Then, on the day you are supposed to meet up, have dinner, have a drink, go to the cinema... whatever, they ring you and say they can't make it due to sickness (child) or tiredness (them), or both. Its completely infuriating. Understandable but infuriating. I don't ever say anything of course, I totally understand how they must be feeling, probably more pissed off that THEY have to cancel. But, I think it's jolly well time I found some new friends. People who will turn up when they say they will, can stay out late, go off at a moments notice. I'm not saying I want to relive my twenties or something, all I would like is for someone to be free to go to the theatre, for a drink in the local, a drive to the sea. I haven't got a bloody boyfriend so I need my friends.

I'm bored and actually quite lonely. Never in my life did I think I would say that. My life has been so full of, well, living. Friends in abundance, phone always ringing, diary full!! Now I look at my diary and the gaping white pages stare back at me. I am thrilled at the doctors' appointment penciled in, it means I can have a good old chinwag with him... free therapy!! Ooh and I'm going swimming on Wednesday and maybe go and see the new Almodovar on Thursday! On my own!! And there's a possible dinner party in November but that will probably be canceled or rescheduled! 

I'm not really quite sure where everyone has gone but what I am sure of, is that if I had a horrendous accident or fell over in the shower and hit my head, no one would find me or even know I had been hurt... for DAYS!! Most of my friends don't correspond with me until I ring, text or email first. Sometimes I think that may be why I want a baby... to feel loved and wanted and deserving!! 

I sometimes wonder if I've done something to deserve this kind of crappy outcome but I honestly think I'm a good person. If this karma (what comes around, goes around) theory works... then I should be married with 3 kids, living in a huge country house, with a horse, chickens and two black labs!! Karma is shit!!

5 comments:

westendmum said...

http://www.k9puppy.co.uk/Puppies/labradorretrieverforsale.aspx

Sorry, is that just mean?
WEM xx

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the 6 weeks notice! I hope Karma works.....I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Unknown said...

Just been reading your blog, it's beautifully written by the way! Are you free for a drink, meal or cinema or theatre some time? I'm in London W1 (at least for the next couple of months but hopefully longer) I'm married but no kids (a lovely dog) and unlikely to cancel!!!!! I get lonely too with most of my friends having kids...everybodysaysdont0@gmail.com Samantha :-)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

What became of you since 2009 when you were going through your trails and tribulations of boredom? Did you find you new friends, are you married with children. Did you cry a lot and find yourself wanted to scream for the pain of loneliness? Please share to give me hope.