Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year indeed

God... it seems an eon since i last wrote. I think I write more when I'm miserable too so I suppose it's a good sign if I don't write too often because it means I'm happier. Things could not have got much worse last year so just as I was thinking of throwing myself in front of the tube in an act of desperation, I then had my last weeks work of the year canceled and I thought... "fuck it, this is the last straw" and booked myself on a weeks all inclusive package holiday to Egypt. Good it was. I cannot over emphasise actually how amazing it was. I'm not talking sun, sand and sleep either, I'm talking lack of sleep. Ooooh missus!! Yes, I am the cliché single 40-something woman abroad and I ended up having the most ridiculously romantic and silly and wonderful holiday romance with the scuba dive master. Yes, I've heard all the jokes! It was heart palpitations and butterflies, nerves and euphoria, all tumbled together in a deliciously memorable seven days. Sigh.

3 comments:

westendmum said...

Glad to hear someone out there is having sex!
WEM xx

Alex Ads said...

Yeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I say. Sounds good lady. We will all live vicariously through your new adventures :-) xoxox

Anonymous said...

go for it girl - i'm one of the forty something married mummas you speak about & it isn't all fun & laughter in suburbia!