Tuesday 23 February 2010

Inner slut

One of my New Years resolutions was to let out my inner slut and I think I definitely managed it on Friday.

A friend and I always meet for steak and red wine when we get together and we have sampled quite a few around London but for the last couple of times we have been to la Pampa Grill in Northcote Road, a loud, bustling, chaotic place with south American waiters and quite mouth-watering Argentinian steaks. Until Friday we hadn't met the infamous owner Oscar, a devilishly charming Columbian who has made London his home for the last 30 years, dabbling in restaurants and shops around Chelsea.

On Friday, just as Jo and I were thinking of leaving, Oscar blew through the door, kissed half the locals and looked around. He spotted Jo and I and came over to introduce himself. It took approximately two minutes for Oscar to charm the pants off us and we sat there giggling and playing with our hair whilst this smokey 50-something latin lothario flirted outrageously. At midnight, Oscar ushered everyone out and then locked the doors. Jo and I looked at each other and grinned. The waiters and Oscar sat around telling stories to us, Jo and I laughed and drank and had one of the best evening we've ever had. I was so fascinated with this man. He is craggy and cheeky and utterly enjoyable. I was completely smitten and in front of everyone I sat on the table and took his face in my hands and kissed him as passionately as I could. Oscar said something in spanish, the waiters all laughed and then we danced. We danced and kissed with abandon and it was just lovely. I didn't care what I looked like, I didn't care what Jo and the waiters thought, I was just enjoying the moment.

We finally left at about 1 as Oscar pirouetted me out of the door and winked. So... that was that. A night of fun and frollicks. But no. I had forgotten I had given him my phone number. Last night he rang: "Julietta, thees ees Oscarrrrr!" Oh my god... I melted. His voice really is something else!! He told me stories on the phone for about an hour and then asked me when he could see me "Julietta, thees is just the beginning... you must kiss me again the way you did before" Oh shit. Think I may be in trouble here. I haven't looked forward to seeing someone this much in years. He's been married twice and is a naughty naughty old man but I think I can cope... it will be quite something. It may just be one date but I think it'll be one to remember.

1 comment:

Style At Every Age said...

Go for it Girl, we all need a bit of fun in our lives, just don't fall for him!