Wednesday 3 February 2010

What is it about Egyptian men??

I have got a date... a lunch date set up with a guy called Fred on Saturday in Chiswick. He's off the internet dating site and I spoke to him for the first time last night. He's well spoken (tick for Mother), charming (tick for Mother), reads The Telegraph (big tick for Mother), went to public School and then Cambridge (huge cheer and a double tick for Mother), is 35 years old (weeeheeee, tick for me) and is half Egyptian and half Indian (very curious tick for me... probably a big X for Mother). Now, don't get me wrong, my Mother is far from racist, she just doesn't want one (that could be any country, any colour, apart from white British) as a husband for her daughter "Darling, think of the children" she once told me when I was seeing a black guy called Orville!! That's another story.... a wealthy, champagne quaffing, coke snorting, city boy turned born again Christian. I'm not sure why Mother was so worried... his new happy clappy life meant no sex before marriage and I sure wasn't going to get hitched to a man with the name of a ventiloquists' dummy (sorry UK reference) just so I could do bad things to him!

So I will keep you informed of how it goes...

Other than the date as a new pasttime, I've started dancing again. Dancing in a proper dance class not just willy nilly around the place. Last night I did a contemporary Jazz class with lots of jazz hands and step ball changes and grinned throughout the whole hour in pure delight. Dancing really does make you happy and until I have regualr sex, the other thing that makes me very happy, I'm going to stick to shaking my bootie!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you on the dancing! V good! x

Anonymous said...

eek - someone who reads the telegraph & went to cambridge & meets all of mummy's tick boxes would be as about as far away from my ideal man as poss - you surely didn't see him again?????